The pandemic has been a highlight in human history. There has been a lot of negative effects throughout many sectors of the world. The economy didn’t escape its onslaught. There is no doubt that many people lost their jobs or had their incomes downsized because of COVID. It affected businesses hard, leading to layoffs and bankruptcy.

More than 80% found some form of employment Fast forward a few, the economy started rolling once more. Businesses began to get back on their feet, and as we enter a post-pandemic world, does this mean that the job market conditions became better? Our team conducted a survey to find out.

  • 60% said that their incomes are stable
  • Regarding the job market recovery — 49% are optimistic, 25.3% are neutral, and 25.7% are pessimistic

Employment in a Post-Pandemic World

Employment is an essential part of many people’s lives. It’s the way for many to keep themselves fed and the bills paid. The news already reported about all the havoc that the pandemic did to the job market, and after almost a year into the pandemic, has the situation changed? We wanted to find out. That’s why our team asked 200,000 respondents about their employment status, and we got the results below.

Figure 1. Please select your employment status.

The results are somewhat delightful as the majority (80%) have some form of employment. This includes Full-time (38.9%), Part-time (16.9%), Term Contract (10.3%), Dispatched (9.6%), and Self-employed (5.4%). This means that almost a year into the pandemic, people have started to bounce back from its effects. On the other hand, almost 20% still struggle with Seeking a job (6.8%) and Unpaid leave (6.4%).

Income Stability of the Public

It’s always possible to be employed and still not receive your full wages. This has been the case for many, especially during the pandemic. While being employed is good, it might not be enough. This is why our team also asked the respondents if their incomes are stable. These are the results.

Figure 2. Do you have a stable source of income?

Our team is happy to report that out of the respondents, a majority declared that they have a stable source of income. This accounts for more than 120,000 people (60%). On the other hand, less than 40% said that they do not have a stable source of income. There is coherence with the results of the previous question. Based on this, we can infer that people are getting back on their feet.

Views on Job Market Recovery

Since the previous results have been optimistic, do the people think that this will continue further? We probed the minds of the participants to see if they have hopes for the post-pandemic market. These are the results below.

Figure 3. How optimistic are you about the possibility of a recovery in the post-Corona job market?

The results can be divided into three categories — optimistic, neutral, and pessimistic. 49% were optimistic. This can be further divided into two which are Very optimistic (28.8%) and Slightly optimistic (20.2%). In the middle, 25.3% of people were neutral. 25.7% were on the negative side. This can be further divided into two which are Slightly pessimistic (14.1%) and Very pessimistic (11.6%). Based on the data, we can conclude that the market is going through a positive trajectory.


Survey TitlePost COVID-19 Job Market Survey
DurationDecember 27, 2020 – January 02, 2021
Number of Participants200,000
DemographicsMales and females, aged 19 to 60+
Participating Countries Afghanistan, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, AzerbaijanBahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritania, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar [Burma], Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.