Elon Musk is one of the most well-known names in the 21st Century. Primarily for being a business magnate in the technology industry resulting in him being the world’s richest man. Elon Musk is also a prolific Twitter user, which eventually resulted in him purchasing the social media platform for $44 billion.
The controversial acquisition has people divided and curious about the future of Twitter moving forward. As a result, Real Research launched a survey on Elon Musk’s acquisition of Twitter. Here are the results.
- 75.39% think that Twitter has politically biased censorship.
- Over 50% want ad bots eliminated from the platform.
- More than 67% trust Elon’s Twitter to guarantee freedom of expression.
More Than 75% Believe Twitter’s Policies Suppress Freedom of Expression
The survey began by asking respondents whether they had a Twitter account. To which, 82.66% of respondents confirmed they had Twitter accounts, while the remaining 17.34% didn’t.
The survey then asks respondents whether they thought Twitter suppressed freedom of expression. In reply, 75.09% thought that Twitter indeed suppressed freedom of expression, while 24.91% disagreed.
Accordingly, the survey asks respondents whether they thought Twitter had politically biased censorship. In response, 75.39% agreed that Twitter’s censorship was politically biased, while the remaining 24.61% disagreed.
More Than 65% Support Elon’s Twitter Acquisition
The survey asks respondents what they thought the goal was for Elon Musk acquiring Twitter. On this, 52% think Elon Musk acquiring Twitter was to obtain economic benefits. Meanwhile, 15.74% think Elon Musk acquiring Twitter was to expand Elon’s media influence. Finally, 8.54% think Elon Musk acquiring Twitter is for political reasons.
In particular, Elon Musk promises changes if his acquisition goes through. As such, the survey asks respondents which of his promised changes they were most looking forward to. Here, 50.65% want to eliminate ad bots from the platform. In addition, 11.45% want spam accounts removed from Twitter. Finally, 8.57% want Twitter’s algorithm to be open-source.
The survey also asks respondents whether they agree or not with Elon’s Twitter acquisition. In answer, 65.07% agree, 21.32% are unsure, and 14.61% disagree with the acquisition.
58.47% Believe Elon Would Increase Twitter Revenue by 2028
In relation to the previous question, the survey asks respondents why they would agree to Elon’s Twitter acquisition. In reply, 67.74% cited their reason to be the acquisition guaranteeing freedom of expression. Meanwhile, 9.34% cited their reason to be to decreasing Twitter’s political bias. Finally, 5.11% cited their reason to remove ads and spam on Twitter.
Similarly, the survey asks respondents why they would disagree with Elon’s Twitter acquisition. Here, 32.49% believe that fake news would increase, 23.69% believe that hate speech would increase, and 10.75 believe that it would encourage political polarization.
Elon Musk is expected to serve as Twitter’s temporary CEO after his acquisition. In regards to this, the survey asks respondents whether they approve of the idea of Elon serving as temporary CEO. In answer, 63.21% approve of the idea, 21.69% are unsure, and 15.11% are against it.
Elon Musk is claiming to increase Twitter revenue five-fold by 2028 following his successful acquisition. In regards to this, the survey asks respondents whether they believe in his claim. In response, 58.47% believe he will succeed, 19.31% are unsure, 14.09% think nothing will change, and 8.14% believe he will fail.
|Survey Title||Survey on Elon Musk’s Acquisition of Twitter|
|Duration||May 15 – May 22, 2022|
|Number of Participants||30,000|
|Demographics||Males and females, aged 21 to 99|
|Participating Countries||Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Benin, Bolivia,… Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, China (Hong Kong) China (Macao), China (Taiwan), Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Greanada, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Lithuania, Malaysia, Maldives, Maluritania, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar [Burma], Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zimbabwe.|
Real Research News is the media platform that presents insights and studies of wide-range of topics. It focuses on insights gathered from its survey app.