According to Goldman Sachs, the leading investment banking company, India is forecast to have the world’s second-largest economy by 2075. Therefore, the online survey app, Real Research, conducted a survey on the possibility of India becoming the World’s second-largest economy by 2075 and asked its respondents a series of questions on India’s economic growth.
- 50.15% of the survey respondents believed that it is possible for India to become world’s second-largest economy by 2075.
- 42.17% strongly agree that a growing population is the reason behind India’s growing GDP.
- 41.38% strongly agree that unless the labor force gets adequate training, India’s economic growth won’t be impacted by its large population.
India to become world’s second-largest economy by 2075?
To begin with, Real Research asked respondents if they were aware of the forecast that India would become the world’s second-largest economy by 2075. The majority of the people answered, “Yes” (66.56%), while the rest answered “No” (33.44%).
The survey asked the public if they thought it possible for India to become world’s second-largest economy by 2075. The responses collected were as such: definitely (33.35%), probably (50.15%), probably not (13.50%), and definitely not (3%).
Real Research asked the public if they think India’s advancement will impact the worldwide economy. 47.64% of the respondents suggested that India’s advancements will impact the worldwide economy positively, 26.42% thought it would affect negatively, and 25.94% thought there will be no effect.
How will India become the world’s second-largest economy by 2075?
Goldman Sachs’ prediction on the Indian economy opine that a growing population is the main reason behind India’s economic growth. Real Research asked its respondents if they agreed with this statement. Of the respondents, 42.17% strongly agree, 41. 80% somewhat agree, 12.03% neither agree nor disagree, 2.36% somewhat disagree, and 1.64% strongly disagree.
The report also stated that India’s economic growth won’t get impacted by its large population unless the labor force gets adequate training. The survey asked the public if they agree with this statement. The responses were such: 41.38% strongly agree, 38.25% somewhat agree, 15.89% neither agree nor disagree, 2.90% somewhat disagree, and 1.58% strongly disagree.
The report also mentions that India’s government aims to reach zero net emissions by 2050. Real Research asked the sampling group how confident they were that this will be accomplished. These were the votes that were collected: 29.97% felt very confident, 29.70% felt somewhat confident, 29.54% were neutral about this claim, 7.40% felt somewhat not confident, and 3.39% were not confident this would happen.
Accordingly, one of India’s main areas of focus is infrastructure. The survey asked the public about how important they thought infrastructure is to India’s Economic Growth. As per the replies, RR found that 35.29% thought it was very important, 30.15% felt it was moderately important, 28.40% was neutral to this observation, 4.36% believed it was not very important, and 1.80% trusted it was not at all important.
|Survey Title||Survey on the Possibility of India Becoming the World’s Second-Largest Economy by 2075|
|Duration||July 16, 2023 – July 23, 2023|
|Number of Participants||10,000|
|Demographics||Males and females, aged 21 to 99|
|Participating Countries||Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Benin, Bolivia,… Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, China (Hong Kong) China (Macao), China (Taiwan), Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Greanada, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Lithuania, Malaysia, Maldives, Maluritania, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar [Burma], Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zimbabwe.|
Real Research News is the media platform that presents insights and studies of wide-range of topics. It focuses on insights gathered from its survey app.