Cryptocurrency career opportunities have grown by 395% in recent years, making it an incredibly lucrative industry. The rate of recruitment in the crypto space barely seems to be slowing down presently. Moreover, LinkedIn recently reported that career opportunities in crypto have skyrocketed.
With the rapid growth of careers in the crypto/blockchain industry, many aspiring candidates have new opportunities.
The crypto sphere has experienced a huge expansion in the wake of the global pandemic. Remote work became prevalent, and physical transactions diminished. Cryptocurrency career opportunities increased as professionals, and the general public prepared for new waves of digital change.
Hence, to dwell deeper into the benefits of pursuing a career in the crypto/blockchain industry, Real Research conducted an online survey on cryptocurrency paving way to new career opportunities, which brought forth some interesting facts and figures.
Key findings of the survey data include:
- 64.83% are employed in the crypto/blockchain industry
- 66.34% of the public believes the crypto industry is male-dominated
- 40.69% think the crypto industry offers flexible working conditions
The survey on cryptocurrency career opportunities began by asking the respondents whether they think crypto and digital assets are the modern way of making money. In response, more than half (54.93%) showed strong agreement. While 30.97% said they agreed with the statement, 11.18% chose a neutral stance.
Next, respondents were asked about their knowledge and understanding of cryptocurrencies. As the results indicate, 42.51% believe they have very high knowledge about crypto, 24.28% believe they have high knowledge, 25.09% believe they have average knowledge, and 6.58% and 1.54% believe they have low and very low knowledge, respectively.
According to Coinmarketcap, the total value of all existing cryptocurrencies combined is around $838 billion. The survey asks if the respondents have invested in cryptocurrencies for which a whopping 63.15% answered yes and another 23.12% said no, but are planning to.
Reports say, as of June 2022, the number of people employed in the blockchain industry had grown by 76% on LinkedIn worldwide. Regarding this, it was revealed that 64.83% are working in the crypto industry and 16.63% responded they know someone who is working in the industry.
Next, the survey asks which country the public think has the highest demand for crypto/blockchain jobs, for which one-fifth of the respondents (19.56%) say the USA and another one-fifth (19.47%) UAE.
According to the survey results, almost 2 out of 3 (66.34%) respondents think that the crypto industry is male-dominated while the remaining 33.66% say the industry gives equal opportunity regardless of the gender.
Next, the survey asked what are the advantages of pursuing cryptocurrency career opportunities. In response to this, 40.69% chose flexible working conditions, 19.84% voted against the industry’s resistance to external factors like covid, 15.15% increased opportunities, and 8.87% said the possibility of better pay.
Lastly, the survey asked respondents what the disadvantages of choosing cryptocurrency career opportunities are, for which 42.45% responded unstable market conditions, 20.55% suggest the lack of workforce, and 16.18% say the unstable job security.
|Survey Title||Survey on Cryptocurrency Paving Way to New Career Opportunities|
|Duration||October 30- November 6, 2022|
|Number of Participants||20,000|
|Demographics||Males and females, aged 21 to 99|
|Participating Countries||Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Benin, Bolivia,… Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, China (Hong Kong) China (Macao), China (Taiwan), Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Greanada, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Lithuania, Malaysia, Maldives, Maluritania, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar [Burma], Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zimbabwe.|
Real Research News is the media platform that presents insights and studies of wide-range of topics. It focuses on insights gathered from its survey app.