For the first time in history, Chicago hosted an All-Star Game in the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA). Moreover, the 26th season also added a surprise twist for the society, to the format of the game at Wintrust Arena. In detail, they implemented three new rules for 2022 AT&T WNBA All-Star Game. They claim that these special rules will enhance the pace of play, increase offensive output, and provide added excitement throughout the game.

Some players shared their insights regarding the new rules and the inclusion of the 4-Point Shot to enhance the game experience. For this reason, Real Research would, with the online survey app, like to know the public opinion on rule changes of basketball.


  • 80.4% of respondents like basketball
  • 22.45% of respondents were excited about the 20-second shot clock, which is one of the special rules for WNBA All-star game
  • 26.76% of respondents had no interest in any changed special rules for WNBA All-star game.

Public Opinion on Basketball

The survey on special rules for the WNBA All-star game starts by asking whether respondents like basketball. In reply, 80.4% say yes, and only 19.8% say no.

Figure 1: Percentage of respondents that like Basketball

Next, the survey asks respondents how well aware they are of the basketball rules. Here, 56.57% replied they are fully aware, and 26.04% said they are slightly aware. Whereas 17.38% shared that they are not aware of the game’s rules.

Public Opinion on Special Rules for WNBA All-Star Game

Figure 2: Percentage of respondents on special rules for WNBA All-star game

As for new rules for 2022 AT&T WNBA All-Star Game, the survey asks respondents about what they feel is the most interesting rule. The respondents said the following as the most interesting rules: 4-point shots (30.67%), 20-second shot clocks (22.45%), and No free throws (20.12%). Wheres as 26.76% had no interest in any of the following changed rules.

75% of Respondents Intrigued By the 4-Point Shot Line

Figure 3: Respondents’ opinion on the 4-Point Shot line

Lastly, the survey reveals that 75% of respondents’ will find the game interesting when asked to share their opinion about the 4-point shot introduction in basketball. On the other hand, only 25% shared that ‘the game will be less interesting’ if a 4-point shot is introduced to basketball.


Survey TitlePublic Opinion on Rule Changes of Basketball
DurationJuly 14 – July 21, 2022
Number of Participants60,000
DemographicsMales and females, aged 21 to 99
Participating Countries Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, China (Hong Kong) China (Macao), China (Taiwan), Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Greanada, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Lithuania, Malaysia, Maldives, Maluritania, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar [Burma], Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zimbabwe.