Recently, famous food and beverage giant PepsiCo announced on March 8 the suspension of the sale of Pepsi-Cola in Russia, including their global beverage brands, such as 7Up and Mirinda, etc.

Despite the company promising to continue their daily production of essentials such as milk and other dairy offers like baby food and formula, the general Russian society still worries about other possible consequences it might have. For this reason, Real Research, an online survey app, launched a survey on “PepsiCo Ends Production in Russia.”


  • 63.82% are aware that PepsiCo ended its sales and production of drinks in Russia
  • 64.51% are aware that Coca-Cola suspended its production in Russia
  • 45.54% think Cool Cola will be the alternative to Coca-Cola and Pepsi

Coca-Cola and Pepsi in Russia End Production

The survey starts by asking the respondents how often they consume Pepsi. In response, 37.61% consume it very often, while 26.02% drink Pepsi sometimes. 19.71% rarely consume it, and 16.67% have never tried Pepsi.

Figure 1: Awareness about PepsiCo ending production in Russia

PepsiCo ended production in Russia nearly six months after the announcement of suspending its sales and production. Survey results revealed that 63.82% are aware, leaving only 36.18% unaware of it.

Likewise, its biggest competitor, Coca-Cola, announced its ceasing of production and sales in Russia on August 5 of the same year. Here, 64.51% are aware, while 35.49% are unaware.

Alternative Local Russian Beverage Brands

As a result of beverage giants exiting the country, the survey asks if they think local Russian brands would likely establish an alternative to them. In reply, 33.12% believe it is highly likely to happen. 21.58% also say it is possible. On the other hand, 12.94% think it is unlikely, and 10.97% say it is highly doubtful.

Figure 2: Alternative local Russian beverage brands

In detail, respondents identified the local brands they think would effectively replace Coca-Cola and PepsiCo in Russia. Here, 45.54% chose Cool Cola. The rest chose Fancy (22.38%), and others chose Street (17.40%).

Read Also: Survey on Russian Opening a New ‘Stars Coffee’ Brand Following Starbucks’ Exit

PepsiCo in Russia Ends Production Following Russia-Ukraine War

However, PepsiCo in Russia said they will “continue to supply daily essentials such as milk and other dairy products like baby formula and food.”

Figure 3: Should the Russia-Ukraine war end or not

As per respondents, 50.07% say PepsiCo in Russia should end their production on everything. In contrast, 26.06% say it is inhumane to halt the necessities.

Read Also: Survey on Instagram ‘Leaving’ Russia Amid War Crisis

Not only giant beverage companies have exited Russia as a form of sanction over the Russia-Ukraine war. For instance, Netflix lost significantly from its sales when it ended its business in Russia. Accordingly, the survey asks if the same would happen to the sales of PepsiCo in Russia.

In response, 32.77% expect it is highly likely to happen. Another 23.86% believe it is possible. On the other hand, 11.56% say it is unlikely, and 10.84% say it is highly doubtful.

Since PepsiCo ends production in Russia as a sanction to the country, the survey asks if the Russia-Ukraine war should end. The majority (51.78%) say yes, whereas 23.45% say no.

Read Also: Survey on Five Months Into Russia-Ukraine War


Survey TitleSurvey on PepsiCo Ends Production in Russia
DurationSeptember 25 – October 02, 2022
Number of Participants30,000
DemographicsMales and females, aged 21 to 99
Participating Countries Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, China (Hong Kong) China (Macao), China (Taiwan), Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Greanada, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Lithuania, Malaysia, Maldives, Maluritania, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar [Burma], Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zimbabwe.